– MANITOBA –
Strategic Occupations – Skilled Workers
The MPNP is an economic program which selects skilled workers who have the training, work experience, and language ability to be employed in Manitoba and make a positive contribution to the provincial economy.
Applicants to the MPNP must be able to can clearly demonstrate that they are employable in Manitoba and have a strong potential to settle successfully and permanently in this province. If you are a skilled worker and are interested in living and working in Manitoba, you have the best chance of being nominated if:
- you have sufficient training and work experience in your occupation
- you have sufficient language ability to begin working soon after arrival
- you have settlement supports in Manitoba to assist you upon your arrival
Applications to the MPNP are assessed under differentAssessment Streams, according to the type and strength of your connection to Manitoba.
There are 6 different assessment streams under this PNP. There are 5 priority assessment streams. These streams allow applicants who meet clear criteria indicating that they have strong potential to establish successfully in Manitoba to have their applications assessed more quickly.
There is 1 general assessment stream. This stream features a new adjusted point system so that applicants with a strong connection to Manitoba and demonstrated employ ability in this province have a greater potential for a successful application.
The assessment streams are briefly described below:
1. Employer Direct Stream: for applicants with a per-approved guaranteed offer of employment form an employer who has a prior agreement with the Manitoba PNP to issue jobs to applicants, or for applicants currently working full-time in Manitoba with a job offer.
2. International Student Stream: for applicants who have graduated from a post-secondary education program in Manitoba, have a job offer related to their field of studies and have been issued a post-graduation work permit allowing them to work in Manitoba.
3. Family Support Stream: for applicants with sufficient training, work experience, language ability who have close family members in Manitoba who have completed a Manitoba PNP Affidavit of Support.
4. Community Support Stream: for applicants with sufficient training, work experience and language ability who have a Letter of Support from an organization that has a Community Support Agreement with the Manitoba PNP.
5. Strategic Recruitment Initiative: for applicants with sufficient training, work experience and language ability who meet the requirements of current recruitment initiatives and have received an Invitation to Apply letter from the Manitboba PNP. 6. General Stream: for applicants with sufficient training, work experience, language and with evidence of close relatives in Manitoba, or family-like support from friends and relatives in Manitoba, or previous education or previous work experience in Manitoba. Applicants must score sufficient points for consideration and demonstrate their ability to establish successfully in Manitoba.
Estimated processing time of Manitoba
PNP part is 3-12 months. Estimated time of Federal part is 6-8 months. Total estimated processing time of Manitoba PNP application is 9-20 months from the date the application is submitted.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Immigration Program for business allows Manitoba to recruit, select, and nominate qualified business people from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish or purchase a business.
To qualify for the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- minimum personal networth of CDN $350,000;
- minimum amount of equity investment in Manitoba of CDN $150,000;
- demonstrated business experience or extensive experience in senior management of a successful company;
- conducted a visit or planning a visit to Manitoba within few months of applying to explore business opportunities and Manitoba’s quality of life; and
- supply a Cash Deposit to the Government of Manitoba, in the amount of CDN$75,000 guaranteeing the establishment or purchase of a business in Manitoba. In most cases, the Cash Deposit will be released when the investment is made and the intended business is undertaken as outlined in your application.
Manitoba would like to accept all applicants who meet the program criteria for nomination, however their agreement with the Government of Canada limits the number of immigrants that they can nominate each year. Given this limitation, Manitoba will select the applicants who best meet the qualifications and who offer the most to Manitoba.